The day’s event will include:
- 5K Fun Run -$10 per runner and is not timed- and a 1 mile Kids Run at 8 a.m.
- Kids’ Free Fishing Derby from 8:30 – 11 a.m. Bring a pole, we’ve got the bait! Prizes!
- Kokomo Kookers will provide a demonstration and sampling of Dutch oven cooking with “A Taste of the Outdoors” at 11:30 a.m.
- Outdoor Zumba with Miami County YMCA at 12 p.m.
- Learn to clean, cook, and eat Asian Carp at 2 p.m. with Indiana Anglers and Kokomo Kookers
- Ski shows to be preformed by Lake City Ski Club at 1 and 3 p.m.
- Proper RV care and maintenance demos at 12 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. with Tri-County RV.
- Bow Fishing demonstration below the Mississinewa Dam at 4 p.m.
- Pottsie’s Pasttimes band will perform from 5 – 7 p.m.
Throughout the day:
- Test ride bicycles, off-road included, with Breakaway Bike and Fitness.
- Tour new RV units, and view parts and accessories, with Tri-County RV and Zoomers of Wabash.
- Wave runners and ATVs with Maximum Power Sports
- Bass and Bucks will have archery equipment demonstrations
- Indiana Anglers – polish your casting skills.
- Camping and Fishing equipment from Woody’s Camp and Bait
- Peru Disc Golf Club – try your hand at disc golf!
- Visit with US Army Corps of Engineers for water safety tips
- Kettle Corn with the Lions Club (fee)
- Ice slushy drinks with American Heritage Girls (fee)
Indiana State Park and Reservoir gate fees are $5 per in-state vehicle, $7 per out-of-state vehicle.
Mississinewa Lake (stateparks.IN.gov/2955.htm) is at 4673 S. 625E. Peru, 46970.