Muncie IHOP Fire Contained By Employees

Quick response by employees of a Muncie restaurant prevented injuries in a fire and contained damage to a minimum.

Firefighters say someone threw a lit cigarette into mulch outside the entrance to the IHOP restaurant on West McGalliard Monday afternoon and caught the entry way on fire.  Employees quickly evacuated several customers and helped to control the fire with a hose until firefighters arrived and finished the job.

Firefighters say the quick actions of the employees saved the day.