Nineteen-year-old Marion resident suffers collapsed lungs, doctors say it could be from vaping

The vaping crisis has officially hit home.

Fox 59 reports a 19-year-old Marion resident is recovering from two collapsed lungs, which doctors believe are the result of vaping.

John Porter told Fox 59 he used e-cigarette products and THC cartridges. Early last month he began to experience slight shoulder and back pain. A week later he went to the doctor’s office, and they began using the words lethal and fatal to describe his condition.

He was there for 17 days.