The seventh annual Marion Community Schools Kindness Rally is this evening from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Marion High School gym and is open to the community.
The Chain Reaction Ceremony kicks off the event, with the annual Student Kindness Awards and Staff Kindness Awards; the Kindness Chain Parade, where representatives from each school march in with paper chains, with each link representing an act of kindness noticed throughout the school year. A carnival with bounce houses, games, a photo booth, food, and more will begin immediately after the ceremony.
Tickets to be used for the carnival attractions are four for $1 and are available at the door. Proceeds will fund continuing anti-bullying efforts throughout the school system.
The Chain Reaction Ceremony is set for 5:30 p.m. (Doors open at 5 p.m.) The ceremony will feature:
- MHS JROTC presenting the flag.
- Performances by school music groups.
- Presentation of Student Kindness Awards, which honor one student from each school who embodies the spirit and kindness and who consistently exhibits it to those around them.
- Messages from district administrators.
- The Kindness Chain Parade.
The carnival will begin immediately after the ceremony.