The Marion High School Key Club is ready to start their Caring Closet back up for the school year, to help students who find themselves in need.
The service-focused student organization will accept donations throughout the school year to keep it running. Donations will be accepted during school / office hours. Marion High School students and staff can drop donations off with Ms. Vermilion, Key Club sponsor, in Room 2-46, or can donate money if they don’t want to do the shopping themselves. Anyone outside the school who would like to help should contact Ms. Vermilion, email@example.com or call her at the school, 664-9051.
Requested donations include personal care items such as:
- Soap (hand, body, dish, and laundry)
- Menstrual hygiene products
- Wound-care ointments and sprays (Bactine, etc.)
- Bandages (Band-Aids, etc.)
- Combs, hairbrushes
- Lip balm
Shelf-stable food such as:
- Pull-top or other easy-open canned or packaged vegetables, beans, meat or fish, soups, stews, etc.
- Individual fruit cups or packages of dried fruit
- Shelf-stable (non-refrigerated) juice boxes (100% fruit juice is best)
- Shelf-stable (non-refrigerated) soy / nut / seed milk
- Bottled or canned water
- Plastic silverware
- Peanut butter or other nut or seed butters
- Jams and jellies
- Nuts (cashew, almond, etc.) or seeds (like pumpkin or sunflower)
- Pasta Sauce
- (marinara, enchilada, other assorted cans and pouches of sauces that help make
- meal prep quick and easy)
- Cereal / granola
- Rice and other grains (steam and eat and boil in bag pouches are nice!
- Tea bags (green and herbal teas are great)
- Dried herbs / spices / seasonings