Packing for vacation can be stressful. I know I usually lay stuff out two days before, then I pack it. After that, I’ll double-check my bag, but I still end up forgetting stuff. A survey done by SWNS found the ten most common things we forget when we go on vacation. Let’s see if you agree!
- Toiletries– I always forget a contact case or a razor. Not sure why I do this. Others forget their toothbrush or toothpaste, makeup, or shower supplies.
- Medications, debit cards, cash, or traveler’s checks– Knock on wood… I’ve never left these before
- Phone Charger– It’s so easy to forget it especially if you used it the night before.
- Underwear– Another easy one to forget especially when you are thinking just about your appearance on the outside for the trip.
- Shoes– I’ve forgotten a specific type of shoes before. I’m normally in boots all the time, so sometimes I’ll forget running shoes or flip-flops.
- Sunglasses– When I fly, I totally forget these! I know… it should be easy to remember.
- Bathing Suit– It depends on where you are going… I’m not much of a swimmer, so this one hasn’t been an issue.
- Sunblock– I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to buy it at the hotel because I left it at home or couldn’t bring it because I just brought a carry-on.
- Headphones– These days headphones are so small they are easy to forget because they are so small. There’s nothing worse than not having them on your flight.
- Specific clothing items– There was one time I was going back to Colorado to see my family in May. I only pack summer clothes and it snowed. That was so bad.
Have you forgotten any of these items before? What did you do?